Summer!! Tan!! Such an unavoidable duo. Do whatever you want, apply as much sunscreen, but at some point your skin is bound to be tanned or get burnt by the sun (sunburn). Exposure to sun can not only cause skin tanning but will also led to other skin issues like Dark spots, Pigmentation and even Premature Skin Aging. I’m the person who always forgets to apply or reapply sunscreen and as a result I get tanned very easily. So I made this DIY After Sun Spray (for when I get home tanned) to avoid, cure and reverse these sun damage.
Luckily sun tanning can be dealt with few natural ingredients. This After sun spray includes the combination of all the natural ingredients that will sooth the skin along with giving the much needed anti tan benefit. This is actually the best DIY I had made; I’m so in love with it that I had already emptied 2 of its bottles. I always use it as soon as I’m home or else I even love to carry it around while travelling.
Ingredients required for making DIY After Sun Spray and its benefits:-
Rose water is incredibly versatile thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties and rich content of antioxidants. The water helps soothe your skin, tone it, and keep it moisturized. Its anti-inflammatory properties helps soothes redness and irritation caused by sun while accelerating the healing process.
Aloe Vera Gel:-
Aloe Vera gel comes loaded with several nutrients like glycerine, sodium palmate, sodium carbonate, sodium palm kemelate, sorbitol, etc. It is very soothing and has an amazing antibacterial property which is great for skin. In addition to De Tanning and Soothing this gel can also clear and tighten the pores and treats acne too. It is used by thousands of women’s around the world due to its amazing benefits.
Lavender Essential Oil:-
Lavender oil is extracted mostly from the flowers of the lavender plant, primarily through steam distillation. It is used from centuries to eliminate nervous tension, relieve pain, and disinfect the scalp and skin. It is used to treat various skin disorders such as acne, wrinkles, psoriasis, and other inflammatory conditions. Lavender oil is commonly used to speed up the healing process of wounds, cuts, burns, and sunburns because it improves the formation of scar tissues.
Tea Tree Essential Oil:-
Tea tree oil is incredibly good when used for treating sunburn. One of the big things that make it so beneficial is the way it works as a tissue re-generator, aiding to rebuild and renew the tissue damaged by excessive exposure to the sun. It does more than this as it also helps with pain relief from the stinging burning sensation. Though the action of Tea Tree oil in regenerating damaged tissue is what makes it truly excellent. It is an excellent essential oil having many other skin benefits.
Procedure for making this DIY After Sun Spray:-
What you’ll need:-
- 1/2 cup Rose Water
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Aloe Vera Gel
- 10 Drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- 10 Drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil
- A spray bottle
How to make it:-
- First of all take Rose Water in a clean Bowl or a cup.
- Add fresh Aloe Vera gel, preferably directly removed from the plant (you can use the one’s available in market too).
- Then add 10 drops each of Lavender Essential Oil and Tea Tree Essential Oil in it.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Now fill the spray bottle with the it, shake it well and your DIY After Sun Spray is ready to use!!
- Refrigerate it for an amazing cooling spray to soothe the skin.
Different Ways You Can Use it:-
It is a Multi-purpose Spray which can be used as:
- Toner for Oily Skin or Acne prone skin
- Anti Acne Spray for entire body
- Body Mist specially in Summers
- Hair Mist
- Hair Spray to avoid Dandruff as it contains Tea Tree Oil
- It will be good for about 15 to 20 days. Don’t worry it won’t last more than that I’m sure you will be in love with it and end up finishing it much sooner!!!
- You can even use Plain Water instead of Rose Water but I prefer Rose water because of its soothing properties.
- In case of essential oils, you can replace Tea Tree Oil with Peppermint oil as it’s also very soothing and great to cure sunburn.
So do you like my DIY After Sun Spray?? Do you want many other recipes like that?? Do comment your suggestions.
Thanks for sharing this. Living in Florida, even though I wear a lot of sunscreens, there are those days that some sun will make its way to skin not protected.
Yeah that is when this spray will come to rescue. It will calm the sun burned skin and will even reduce tan.
So good to have this recipe. I bet it is so refreshing to use this after being in the sun. Thanks for letting us know about this.
I’m so glad you found it helpful and yeah it is very calming and refreshing to use!!