Winters already arrived and with it has arrived tons of unwanted problems. The shift from warm to cool weather or from humidity to dryness will lead to Dry skin and scalp, dandruff, cracked foot and many embarrassing and unwanted beauty issues. It is much worse for dry skinned people rather that oily to combination skinned person. So I had made a list of few very simple and effective winter care tips to combat all of this problems and look your best even in this harsh winters.
Skin Care Tips:-
Skin is the outer layer of the body and it protects us from many illness, so properly tending of skin is must in winters. Facial skin is very sensitive in our body, so its the first one to gets effected. Winters can create dry patches on skin which is very damaging to your look. So it is very important to give some extra care to skin during winters. Below are some winter care tips that will help you achieve a beautiful, soft skin.
1. First of all you will have to change your entire skincare routine as soon as winter starts, especially dry skined people.
2. Use mild soap free cleansers or face wash twice a day.
3. Never use Alcohol based products during winters, it will worsen the condition by further drying out the skin. Also avoid alcohol based sanitizers and deodorants.
4. Dry skinned should people use more thick oil based moisturizing creams. Take special care of effected areas.
5. Natural moisturizers like Coconut oil, Olive oil, Shea Butter, or Aloe Vera gel can even works best to restore moisture in skin.
6. Applying Sunscreen 20 minutes before stepping out is must, be it summers or winters, the sun rays are equally harmful.
7. Don’t use very hot water while bathing as tempting as it may seems in winter, it is very damaging as it will dry out the skin. Use lukewarm water instead.
8. Mosturise immediately after shower, to lock the moisture in the skin.
9. Use exfoliators and nourishing face packs to restore the moisture level of skin. Milk, yougart, oatmeal, honey can be very nourishing to the skin.
10. Nourishing body lotions with milk or honey proves best.
Lip Care Tips:-
Even a small moisture loss may cause the lips to crack and bleed. Lipstick on cracked lips looks so heartbreaking and it can even damage your entire holiday look. So if you don’t want to live this nightmare, do follow these very amazing winter care tips for your lips!!
1. Always, I repeat always keep your lips hyderated.
2. Keep a tube of lip balm handy for re application.
3. Take a soft toothbrush and Vaseline to gently exfoliate the lips atleast once a week.
4.If flakiness is extreme, do try natural things like Honey, Shea butter, vitamin E oil for smooth lips.
5. Don’t ever lick your lips it will be moisturized for a time being, but its not good for lips in long run. It will worsen the condition.
6. Lastly always stay hydrated and drink lots of water.
Hair Care Tips:-
Maintaining a beautiful and healthy hairs during every season is quite a task. In summers our hairs becames quite oily and sweaty. While in winters it becames too dry, rough, and unmanageable. Dry scalp leads to dandruff which is even bad. So taking proper care of the hairs according to the season is must. So here are few of the winter care tips for your hairs.
1. Use mild shampoo and conditioner is must to restore the lost natural oils in the hairs and scalp.
2. Don’t use very hot water to wash hairs as it will further dry it out. Always use lukewarm water instead.
3. Oiling the hairs on regular basis is very essential to keep the hairs and scalp moisturized. Oiling atleast once a week is necessary to restore the oils in the scalp.
5. Try to keep your hairs covered by woolen caps, stoles or scarves to protect it from harsh winter air.
6. As for dandruff, add a few drops of tea tree oil in the bath water, all your dandruff will be taken care of. You can also try lemon as its amazing to combat dandruff.
7. Don’t apply excess heat ( straightener or curling iron ) to hair for styling purpose as it will further damage the hairs and will worse the dryness. Also avoid blow dryers.
8. Pack the hair with towel after shower to lock in the moisture.
Foot Care Tips:-
Foot are the next thing that cannot bear the dryness of the weather and gets hard and cracked. These are the few winter care tips to keep your foot soft and beautiful.
1. If you are in extreme cold weather always keep your foot covered with socks.
2. Use a moisturizing foot cream. Plenty of options are available now a days for foot care, do select a cream to suit your requirements.
3. Apply the foot cream during night and cover the foot with cotton socks as it help in proper absorbtion of the product and will give better results.
4. Do exfoliate with mild defoliators like oatmeal and then cover the foot with Honey or Shea butter mask to retain moisture.
More Winter care tips:-
1. Always stay hydrated. Drink lots of water.
2. Eat lots of fresh vegetables and fruits, especially with Vitamin A, C and E.
3. Don’t have shower more than twice a week and keep it short.
4. Try to have natural fats like nuts and fish that contains Omega 3 fatty acids.
5. Excercise well and stay active.
6. Here are few other Immune boosting tips for this season.
So this is the complete winter guide to protect your skin, hairs, lips, foot as well as inner self to stay healthy and beautiful during winters.
Do let me know in comments your most favourite and effective winter care tips.
And do share with your friends and family to help them stay beautiful this winters.